Electric smokers are a convenient and easy way to add delicious smoky flavor to your food without the hassle of traditional charcoal or gas grills. In this blog post, we’ll be taking a look at some of the best electric smokers available on the market for under $500. Whether you’re a beginner smoker or a seasoned pro, these electric smokers offer great value for the price, with features such as digital controls, multiple racks, and a variety of smoking options. We’ll also discuss the benefits of electric smokers and what to consider when choosing the right one. So, whether you’re smoking a brisket for a backyard BBQ or preparing fish for a family dinner, read on to find the perfect electric smoker for your needs.
- 7 Best Electric Smokers Under 500
- 1. Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker
- 2. Bradley 4-Rack Outdoor Electric Smoker
- 3. Royal Gourmet SE2801 Electric Smoker
- 4. MasterBuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- 5. Dyna-Glo Digital Electric Smoker
- 6. Green Mountain Davy Crockett Sense Mate Electric Smoker
- 7. Masterbuilt Front Controller Electric Smoker
- Buyer’s Guide For Best Electric Smokers Under 500
7 Best Electric Smokers Under 500
Here are our top picks
1. Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker
High-quality meats and fish may be smoked quickly and effortlessly with the help of the Char-Broil 17202004 Digital Electric Smoker, Deluxe. There’s plenty of room for even the largest roasts on the 725 square inches of cooking space across four chrome-plated grilling grates. A computerized interface lets you precisely set the smoker’s temperature and cooking time.
Your meals will be perfectly cooked thanks to the included meat probe thermometer. The side air damper enables you to regulate the smoke output, and the double-wall design and insulation keep the smoke warm for an extended period of time. The standard porcelain-coated water pan and wood chip tray enhance the efficiency and convenience of the smoker.
- Large 725 square inch cooking space
- Digital control panel for precise temperature and time control
- Built-in meat probe thermometer
- Double-wall construction and insulation for temperature control
- Porcelain-coated water pan and wood chip tray
- Four chrome-plated cooking grates
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 18.1 x 32.5 inches
- Cooking Surface Area: 725 square inches
- Weight: 50.2 pounds
- Material: Steel
- Color: Silver
- Fuel Type: Electric
- Ignition Type: Digital
2. Bradley 4-Rack Outdoor Electric Smoker
The Bradley Smoker BS611 is a smoker that you can use outside. It has 4 racks inside where you can put your food. It uses electricity and natural airflow to smoke your food. It has two heating elements, one for controlling the temperature and another for controlling the amount of smoke. This makes it easy to use for any type of smoking, including hot, cold, and dehydrating. Additionally, it has an automatic wood feeding system, so you don’t have to keep adding wood. It can work for up to 9 hours without needing to be refilled. This also helps get a pure and clean smoke flavor as it prevents wood from burning to ash.
- A 4-rack outdoor electric smoker
- Huge cooking area
- Dual heating elements
- Suitable for all types of smoking
- Automatic wood feeding system
- Guarantees pure, clean smoke flavor
- Dimensions: 34 x 20 x 18 inches
- Weight: 25 Kg
- Power: Electric
3. Royal Gourmet SE2801 Electric Smoker
With the Royal Gourmet 28″ Analog electric smoker, you can smoke ribs, pies, turkeys, and more without lugging around a hefty gas tank. It also has a sizable cooking area of 457.86 square inches. The door’s latch system and the smoker’s double-walled construction both do a great job of keeping smoke in the firebox, and the smoker’s three chrome-coated racks can be adjusted to fit foods of varying sizes. The stainless steel water pan and lidded chip box add delicious flavor to food while the cool-touch spring door handle guarantees user safety. The smoker’s versatility allows for a wide range of uses, from smoked BBQ to firewood grilling, steaming, and drying. The independent grease cup situated below the smoker gathers oil residue in a removable aluminum oil pan, making cleanup simple and straightforward.
- 457.86 square inch cooking surface
- 3 chrome-coated racks for adjusting food height
- Double-wall construction for heat retention
- Latch system on the door for great seal performance
- Cool-touch spring door handle for safety
- Stainless steel water pan and lidded chip box for infusing flavor
- Independent grease cup for collecting oil residue
- Multi-functional use for smoking, grilling, steaming, and drying
- Adjustable temperature control for precise heat management
- Black color design for a stylish appearance
- Overall dimensions: 37.1 x 19 x 20.6 inches
- Item weight: 48.5 pounds
- Material type: Steel
- Manufacturer: Royal Gourmet
4. MasterBuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
The Masterbuilt 30-Inch Digital Electric Smoker may be used with equal success by amateurs and veterans alike. The results will rival those you’d see in a contest, and you won’t even need charcoal or gas to get them. This digital smoker can do the job after plugging it in and adjusting a few settings. Thanks to the innovative side wood chip loader, you may experiment with different flavors without having to open the smoker door. Smoking up to 6 birds, 2 turkeys, 4 racks of ribs, or 4 pork butts is no problem at all on the smoker’s four chrome-coated racks. Learn all you need to know about smoking with Masterbuilt. Turn on/off the power, and set the cooking temperature and timers.
- The capacity of 2 Turkeys, 4 Pork Butts, 4 Racks of Ribs, 6 Chickens
- Thermostat control
- Even heating
- Patented side wood chip loading system
- Equipped with a slow smoker kit
- Equipped with smoker leg kit
- Comes with food gloves
- Comes with a vegetable and fish mat
- Net Weight: 49.5 Pounds
- Dimensions: 19.88 x 20.47 x 33.26 inches
- Power source: Electric
- Material: Stainless steel
5. Dyna-Glo Digital Electric Smoker
The Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker is a digital electric smoker that is perfect for outdoor cooking. It features a large 732 square inch cooking area, with four chrome-plated cooking grates, which provides ample space for smoking large cuts of meat or multiple items at once. The smoker comes with an easy-to-use digital control panel that allows you to precisely set the temperature and cooking time. It also features an automatic shut-off function that turns off the smoker when the set temperature is reached. The double-walled construction and the door seal help to retain heat and smoke, ensuring a consistent cooking experience.
- 30″ digital electric smoker
- Large 732 square inch cooking area with four chrome-plated cooking grates
- Easy-to-use digital control panel for setting temperature and cooking time.
- Automatic shut-off function when the set temperature is reached.
- Double-walled construction and door seal to retain heat and smoke
- Manufactured by Dyna-Glo
- Built-in meat thermometer
- Dimensions: 19.4 x 19 x 32.5 inches
- Weight: 62.2 pounds
- Cooking Area: 732 square inches
- Power: Electric
6. Green Mountain Davy Crockett Sense Mate Electric Smoker
The Green Mountain Davy Crockett Sense Mate Electric Wi-Fi Control Foldable Portable Wood Pellet Tailgating Grill is a versatile and portable grill that is perfect for tailgating, camping, and picnics. It also features Wi-Fi control, allowing you to monitor and adjust the temperature and cooking time from your smartphone. The grill also has a foldable design, making it easy to transport and store. The grill has a small footprint, yet it is big enough to cook for a small family. The Sense-Mate feature helps you to maintain the desired temperature while cooking.
- Portable wood pellet tailgating grill with Sense-Mate feature
- Built-in meat probe for precise temperature control
- Wi-Fi control
- Manufactured by Green Mountain Grills
- Foldable design for easy transport and storage
- Small footprint, yet it big enough to cook for a small family
- Dimensions: 29.92 x 14.96 x 21.65 inches
- Weight: 57.3 pounds
7. Masterbuilt Front Controller Electric Smoker
The Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker is a 30-inch electric smoker that is perfect for outdoor cooking. It features a large cooking area with four chrome-coated racks, providing ample space for smoking large cuts of meat or multiple items at once. The smoker comes with a front controller and a window that allows you to monitor the cooking process without opening the door. The double-wall construction and door seal helps to retain heat and smoke, ensuring a consistent cooking experience.
- 30-inch electric smoker with front controller and window
- Large cooking area with four chrome-coated racks
- Double-wall construction and door seal to retain heat and smoke
- Built-in meat thermometer
- Manufactured by Masterbuilt
- Dimensions: 20.28 x 19.69 x 32.13 inches
- Weight: 72.8 pounds
- Power: Corded electric
Buyer’s Guide For Best Electric Smokers Under 500
Types Of Smokers To Consider
When considering which type of smoker to buy, there are four main types to consider: charcoal smokers, gas or propane smokers, pellet smokers, and electric smokers. Each type has its own unique advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to consider what is most important to you as a smoker before making a decision.
Charcoal smokers are a popular choice among serious BBQ enthusiasts due to their ability to provide a traditional, smoky flavor. Charcoal smokers typically have a more hands-on approach to smoking, requiring more attention and effort to maintain the temperature. Still, they offer a level of control over the smoke and temperature that is hard to match. Charcoal smokers are often less expensive than other types of smokers, but they can be more difficult to use for beginners.
On the other hand, gas or propane smokers are often considered the easiest smoker to use. They are powered by propane tanks and are easy to light and control the temperature. They are also relatively inexpensive and easy to find. However, they don’t provide the traditional smoky flavor that charcoal smokers do, and they can be less durable than other types of smokers.
Pellet smokers are another popular choice among BBQ enthusiasts. They are powered by wood pellets made from compressed sawdust and other wood by-products. Pellet smokers offer much control over the smoke and temperature, providing a traditional, smoky flavor. They are also relatively easy to use but can be more expensive than other types of smokers.
Electric smokers are the most convenient type of smoker to use. They are powered by electricity and are easy to control the temperature. Electric smokers are also the most efficient type of smoker, as they do not use wood and charcoal as other types of smokers. However, they can be more expensive than other types of smokers, and they don’t provide the traditional smoky flavor that charcoal and pellet smokers do.
The best type of smoker depends on your personal preference and your cooking style. Charcoal smokers are best for a traditional smoky flavor, Gas or propane smokers are best for easy to use and budget-friendly, Pellet smokers are best for control over the smoke and temperature, and Electric smokers are best for convenience and efficiency.
Safety Tips for Smokers
Smoking food can be a great way to add flavor and tenderness to meats and other foods, but it’s important to be aware of the potential hazards that come with using a smoker. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind when using a smoker:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines. The instructions will provide important information about how to safely use and maintain your smoker, so be sure to read them carefully and follow them closely.
- Keep the smoker in a well-ventilated area. Smoke and heat can build up quickly in enclosed spaces, so be sure to keep the smoker in an open area with good ventilation.
- Use proper protective gear. When using a smoker, it’s important to wear protective gear such as heat-resistant gloves, a face shield, and a long-sleeved shirt and pants to protect yourself from burns and heat exposure.
- Never leave the smoker unattended. It’s important to keep a close eye on the smoker at all times, especially when using a charcoal or wood-burning smoker. If you need to leave the area, turn off the smoker and wait for it to cool down before returning.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby. It’s always a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of a fire emergency.
- Always maintain a safe distance between the smoker and flammable objects, such as buildings, trees, and other structures.
- Ensure that the smoker is on a level surface. A smoker that is not on a level surface can tip over, causing injury or damage.
- Be aware of the weather conditions, and never use the smoker in windy or rainy conditions. Wind can blow embers and ash, and rain can cause the smoker to malfunction.
- Keep children and pets away from the smoker. The smoker can become very hot and can cause burns if touched.
- Always check the food temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure that it’s cooked to the appropriate temperature. This will prevent food poisoning.
By following these safety tips, you can help ensure that your smoking experience is safe and enjoyable. Keep in mind that using a smoker can be dangerous if not handled properly, so always be vigilant and use caution when using one.
Things to consider before buying an electric smoker under 500
When buying an electric smoker for under $500, there are several important factors to consider:
Look for a smoker that has a wide temperature range, ideally between 100-275°F. This will give you more flexibility and control over the smoking process.
Compare prices between different models to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
Look for a smoker that has a digital or analog thermostat that is easy to use and allows for precise temperature control.
Make sure that the smoker has good ventilation to help control the temperature and smoke levels.
A water pan can help keep food moist and infused with flavor, so look for a smoker that has one.
Consider the weight of the smoker, as this can affect portability.
Look for a smoker with a warranty, so you are protected in case of any defects or issues.
Look for a smoker that has a good size hopper area. This will allow you to smoke for a long time without needing to refill the hopper.
Consider the size of the smoker and how much space you have to store it.
Look for a smoker that has enough racks to accommodate the amount of food you plan to smoke.
Look for additional features such as a built-in meat thermometer, window, RF controller, automatic shut-off function, etc.
Things to Avoid while Smoking
When smoking foods, there are several things to avoid in order to ensure that the food is cooked safely and properly:
- Avoid overcrowding the smoker: Overcrowding the smoker can cause uneven cooking and can also make it difficult to maintain the proper temperature.
- Avoid opening the smoker too often: Every time you open the smoker, heat, and smoke escape, which can cause uneven cooking and can also make it difficult to maintain the proper temperature.
- Avoid using too much fuel: Using too much fuel can cause the temperature to get too high and can also cause the food to cook too quickly.
- Avoid using food that is not fresh: Using food that is not fresh can cause food poisoning.
- Avoid undercooking or overcooking food: Undercooking or overcooking food can cause food poisoning.
- Avoid smoking food at too low of a temperature: Smoking food at too low of a temperature can cause the food to take too long to cook and cause the food to dry.
- Avoid smoking food at too high of a temperature: Smoking food at too high of a temperature can cause the food to cook too quickly and cause the food to dry.
- Avoid smoking food for too long: Smoking food for too long can cause the food to become dry and can also cause the food to become too smoky.
Final Verdict on Best Electric Smoker under 500
Based on customer reviews and expert ratings, the Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller, 30-Inch, and the Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker is a charcoal smoker, are both popular choices that offer a great balance of features and value.
The Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller, 30-Inch is a 30-inch electric smoker that offers a large cooking area with four chrome-coated racks, providing ample space for smoking large cuts of meat or multiple items at once. The smoker comes with a front controller and a window that allows you to monitor the cooking process without opening the door.
The Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker is a charcoal smoker that is easy to use with a simple push-button digital control panel. It has a large cooking area with four chrome-plated racks, providing ample space for smoking large cuts of meat or multiple items at once. The built-in meat probe thermometer allows you to monitor the internal temperature of your food.
Both of these electric smokers offer good value for the price and have received positive customer reviews and expert ratings. However, it’s always recommended to read the reviews and customer feedback before making a purchase to ensure that the smoker meets your specific needs and preferences.
In conclusion, finding the best electric smoker under $500 can be daunting, but with some research and consideration of your needs, you can find a great option that fits your budget. The Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller, 30-Inch, and the Weber 22-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker is a charcoal smoker, are both popular choices that offer a great balance of features and value. They have large cooking areas, good temperature control, and are easy to use. Additionally, both have received positive customer reviews and expert ratings. It’s always recommended to read the reviews and customer feedback before making a purchase to ensure that the smoker meets your specific needs and preferences.
What is the best smoker for the money?
There are many high-quality smokers that offer a great balance of features and value, such as the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, the Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker, and the Masterbuilt 20077515 Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window and RF Controller, 30-Inch.
If you are low on the budget here are our reviews on electric smokers under $300
What is the best smoker to start with?
A simple and easy-to-use electric smoker is a great place to start for beginners. Electric smokers are more convenient to use than charcoal or wood-burning smokers and don’t require as much attention and maintenance. A good option for beginners is Masterbuilt 30-inch Electric Smoker.
How good is an electric smoker?
Electric smokers are a great option for those who want a convenient and easy-to-use smoking option. They are easy to control the temperature, and they don’t require as much attention and maintenance as charcoal or wood-burning smokers. Electric smokers are also efficient in fuel consumption and easy to clean. However, they don’t provide the traditional smoky flavor that charcoal and pellet smokers do.
What is the easiest electric smoker to use?
What is the easiest electric smoker to use? The easiest electric smoker to use is one that has a simple and intuitive control panel. The Masterbuilt 30-inch Electric Smoker is a popular option that is easy to use for beginners. It has digital control panels that allow you to easily set and monitor the temperature, and it doesn’t require as much attention and maintenance as charcoal or wood-burning smokers.