Grilling half chicken is a great way to cook this protein-rich dish. It’s also a healthy way to prepare your chicken, as it doesn’t require any added oils or fats. Plus, grilling the chicken halves produces a delicious and smoky flavor that everyone will love. So, if you are seeking an easy and tasty way to grill chicken, then follow these simple steps!
How to Grill Half Chicken
Grilling half chicken is a great way to enjoy the flavor of grilled chicken without all the hassle. To grill half the chicken, start by heating your grill to medium-high heat. After that, season the chicken with your favorite spices or marinade.
When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grates and cook for about 10 minutes per side or until cooked through. Besides, make sure to monitor the temperature of the chicken, so it doesn’t overcook. When the chicken is finished, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!
5 Best Tips for Grilling Half Chicken
Here are the top 5 tips to help you make the perfect grilled half chicken:
- Season the chicken generously with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices. It will help to add flavor and prevent the chicken from drying out during cooking.
- Preheat your grill before adding the chicken. It will help to ensure that the chicken cooks evenly on all sides.
- Cook the chicken over indirect heat. This means that you should place the chicken on one side of the grill, away from the direct flame. It will help stop the skin from burning while the meat cooks through.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Besides, the internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit before you remove it from the grill.
- Give time for the chicken to rest for a few minutes before cutting it. This will assist in keeping all the juices inside the meat, resulting in a juicier, more flavorful dish.
Half Chicken Grilling Recipe
When ready, place the chicken, skin-side down, on the cool side of the grill over indirect heat. After 20 minutes, turn the skin side up to finish cooking. Turn the chicken over and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Wait 20–30 minutes more, and then check the interior temperature. Take the chicken off at 165 F or prepare food a little longer if you want the skin crispier. Then lift off the grill to rest for 10 minutes.
Prepare by slicing into serving-sized portions and relish the grilled flavor. It will NOT be your last Half Chicken on the grill for sure.
Is it good to grill half chicken?
Grilling a chicken is a great way to get flavor without having to use a lot of fat. And, since chicken is a lean protein, it’s a healthy option for grilling. When grilling chicken, it’s important to cook it evenly to prevent it from drying out. One way to do this is to grill chicken halves. Grilling chicken halves helps to ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and doesn’t dry out. Plus, grilling chicken halves gives you the option of serving different kinds of sauce on each half. So, grilling chicken halves is a great choice if you are seeking a healthy and flavorful grilled chicken option.